Why I Used To Drink

Why I Used To Drink

I started the day out trying to get a drink of water from a 5 gallon jug – The pump wouldn’t work.I started the day early as my head itched so bad that I couldn’t sleep, so I got up and tried to rearrange this broom closet I live in. It doesn’t matter which way you turn you always knock something over. The itchy head stops as soon as I get out of bed.

I decided then to put up a shelf to place the printer on, it turned out that I needed molly screws which I have at Shayne’s. The major problem with that is I don’t have enough gas to get there, back, and to work on Monday.I’m just about out of dog food and rabbit feed, but have no money.I decide to put up shelf without molly screws, battery on high powered drill goes dead after one screw, can’t find charger.

Not grasping that the day isn’t going well, I turn my attentions to computers, and my nemesis… Windows.

I installed a sound card in Lenovo computer, it didn’t work. Tried to hook up TV/PC monitor, computer tells me that it can’t display this resolution of video which it did previously with no problem. Re-hooked up old display. Tried to hook up another computer, it says I need to activate Windows, which was fully operational on this machine 2 months ago. However, I can’t activate Windows as I can’t install internet card to connect to Microsoft without Windows. I could call Microsoft and activate over the phone, but the phone won’t work in this broom closet I live in. Okay, nix that plan.

I now try to restart Lenovo, the one with 6 gigabytes of RAM. I try 7 separate times, it stays stalled on POST screen, won’t load. I then unplug the bitch and go for a walkabout outside, trying to not lose my volatile temper and smash everything.Hook up computer # 3, it loads but can’t see the fonts very well and the sound cuts in and out.

Okay laptop, it’s you that is going to save the day. It starts well and seems fully operational until I plug in the hot swappable external drive which has worked on all other computers. The computer says it can`t recognize USB device, try to plug it in again and if it still does not work replace it. Thanks for the wisdom, Windows. I feed my beloved dog Bandit, my steak, he`ll be okay for awhile. There is no sense telling anyone about my computer crises, as nobody cares except for my friend, Lisa who isn`t home now, so I am writing this out for therapeutic reasons. After all is said and done, I restart Lenovo which loads fine and is the computer I am typing this on. Go figure. I cracked a beer

Comments

Popular Posts