Close Enough Construction

I just spent a couple of days working for my sister, the proprietor of Close Enough Construction. Patty also has a subsiduary called No Fear Installations. She will tackle any project and go boldly where few women would go. I am her construction manager, unfortunately, neither one of us have a clue what we are doing.

We have installed countertops getting instructions over the phone, which had a few glitches, so I suggested putting a beer can on the discrepancies, that`s why I`m the manager.
Patty may only have an axe and a butter knife for tools, but she certainly isn`t cheap with the materials, oak is the only wood we use.

It`s always a pleasant work environment, dark, with a radio and tv going, peppered with machine gun fire and explosions from her grandson`s video game in the basement. Add to this a beep, beep text message every two minutes, backed up by an orchestra of telephones every ten.

On occasion we are visited by Heeb, her loveable, eccentric husband who never won an award for best short story.

At 2:45 every day time for a short break as Patty goes to pick up her grandson who, while intellectually gifted, hasn`t received his doctorate in road crossing. All in all, a positive motivational experience.

I expect that these times will go down as some of my fondest memories unless I get killed leaning against one of our projects that collapses.

Comments

Popular Posts