No Thanks, I'm Good


My nephew dropped by on his way to school this morning and he was oddly very cross. He wasn't happy with anything, so I asked him if he got enough sleep last night. "Yes" was the curt reply.

I told him that sometimes people are just plain miserable in the mornings and that's okay once in a while. I recalled for him a friend of mine, when he was 10 and having problems being bitchy in the early part of the day, that his mom came up with a solution.

"Do you want to know what that is, bud?"

"What" he replied

"She hauled off and kicked him so hard in the prunes, he had 3 adam's apples. Ever since then, he never had any trouble with  bitchiness in the mornings."

I little while later he still seemed a little disgruntled, so I said, "Hey bud, you still seem troubled, would you like me to try that therapy on you my friend got?"

"No thanks, I'm good," he says.

This is a very precocious child, I can recall when he was 5 years old, he jumped into a wheelbarrow and said to his grandfather, "Grampa, I'm  ready to roll... literally."

His mother was away in Edmonton for a week when he was seven and she had been calling him twice a day for several days. After the 6th call he says, "Mom, enough with the phone calls! It's like you're stalking me."

One I just heard of from a friend who has twin girls. He was over at their house telling a friend of the girls how long he had known them. "Oh, a long time we used to have baths together when we were little, but our moms don't want us to anymore." Then with all the innocence of a 10 year child he looks off into the distance.

"Yeah", he mused "good times".

Comments

Popular Posts